Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Being prophetic 24*7 Part 1 Prophetic Evangelism

Being prophetic 24*7  Part 1
Prophetic Evangelism

One day after some days of fasting and prayer in a mountainous area I was heading back to my home early in the morning. The atmosphere was misty and I was waiting to catch a bus to the city for a 5 to 6 hour bus trip. People working in tea plantations were getting ready for work. Some of the small tea shops were open with a handful of people waiting for the bus. I was really tried after my fasting, and I like to sleep in the morning! Suddenly I noticed a group of men talking who seemed like they were planning something. I felt something unusual in my spirit and started feeling an urge to pray so I began praying in my spirit. In particular, I noticed one man in that group; I felt God was asking me to speak to this man about some serious matters. I asked God to give me some more clarity. I felt God was asking me to tell this guy to leave that group, because there was a chance he would be caught up in a murder case. I felt really strange about all these thoughts especially as I was in an unfamiliar place. I closed my eyes and started praying to God. When I opened my eyes I was shocked to see that guy standing next to me. I felt like God was giving me an opportunity to communicate this message to him, but because of fear I didn’t. After some time he joined the group conversing.

I felt in my sprit nooooo, I missed the opportunity! But there was a great urge in my spirit to share this message to that guy.  I didn’t feel comfortable to go and share this to the group at all so I asked God for one more opportunity. Nothing happened in the beginning but after some time this guy came and stood next to me. Wow!!  This time I decided I didn’t want to miss the opportunity so I said “hi” to him, then without any introduction I started talking to him and told him what God had told me to tell him.
I was waiting for a reply from him with some fear about his response, but he started listening to me and I shared Jesus’ love to him. Within seconds after this conversation he left that group and the place. I was convinced that this was God.  In this blog I would like to discuss prophetic evangelism. It’s not a new idea. Prophetic evangelism is different from what is often called ‘treasure hunting’. I am talking about a normal Christian walk with a prophetic potential. What do you need get this prophetic potential? It is always great to spend specific time for prayer and meditating on His Word. In this walk there is no pressure of performance nor is there any pressure to do something to please God but you are simply available for God and sensitive to His Spirit. 

Prophetic evangelism is simply sensitive to the Spirit of God. In the New Testament we can see this life style in the life of Jesus and his disciples and in the early Church. Nathaniel was one of the first examples, as were the Samaritan lady, Nicodemus and many examples in the Bible.
  
Evangelism is not unfamiliar, especially as it’s one of the main parts of the great commission. There are different types of evangelism. Especially after the boom of IT developments and new inventions, technology like the internet and television plays a vital role in evangelism. Now there are websites, on line radio, TV channels, films, documentaries, tracts, books, street preaching along with hundreds and hundreds of methods. If you look at the statistics the vast majority of the people came to the Lord through personal evangelism. That means someone shared the good news in a personal way.
When you are travelling by bus, train or plane you may feel some urge in your spirit to speak to someone unknown. Because of your culture and personality it could be really challenging to do something weird and unusual. There might be many reasons which can hold you back such as you thinking it’s just a random thought, you could be wrong, or you are embarrassed.  This will encourage you to not speak out. But some times the push you feel in your spirit or the seriousness of the matter will give you the boldness to move and to speak out.  But remember you need to start at some point; it’s not about the perfection but allowing God to use you when you feel you are weak. Some people are stopped because of previous experiences they have. Don’t expect people to respond positively and kneel before you and cry out for help. At the same time you can expect some strange responses. Remember God is not looking at the success of your ministry, but your obedience and faithfulness.  From my personal experience I have seen wonderful outcomes and in some cases nothing happened. Remember the ministry of Jesus: he didn’t heal all the sick; he didn’t cast out all the demons; even after his great preaching most of them turned against him and tried to kill him. He did what was he supposed to do, and then he said it’s finished. In the same way you can’t save the whole world, but you can share God’s love to your friend and when God specifically prompts you.    

Boldness
Is it really you, God?
This is one of the questions that usually come to our mind when we hear or feel that we are hearing something from God; we can experience a lot of pressure (even if God is not putting any extra pressure on us). It’s human nature and differs from person to person. Some people are naturally verbal and great communicators, but you may not be that kind of person; this was the same problem which Moses had when God called him.

Not searching for opportunities, but understanding the openings.
If nothing happens or you were harassed or bullied, what do you need to do?
You have many options, and you have the freedom to choose whatever you want but here I am providing a few options:
·         Give up!
·         You can dwell in your past
·         Move on from the shock, but don’t attempt to go for another try again
·         Move on, rejoicing in the Lord, getting ready for the next move!!
It’s your choice. Let us look us at a couple of examples from the Bible.
There people respond to different circumstances
1.      Jesus (After setting free the demon possessed person Jesus was told to leave the city Matt 8.32, Luke 9:55-56, The miracle worker is received and rejected
John 4:43-54; Luke 4:16-32; "He came unto his own, and his own received him
not." —John 1:11
2.      Paul (Acts 13: 19)
3.      Elijah (1King 19:1-19) 
 
If you miss the opportunity what will happen?
The answer is never give up, and don’t live with condemnation. Christ has set us free from the law of sin and death. You may feel disappointed, and have a sense of disapproval from God. If you are feeling low it’s better to take a small break and ask others to help and pray for you. Share with leadership. Be accountable. Shake the dust off from your anointing and get ready to move to the next stage.

Conclusion
Prophetic evangelism is part of every one’s calling. God can use you at any time. He will give you the grace to do that. Taking small steps, gradually God will give you the boldness to do greater things for Him. Exercise your spiritual muscles.  Don’t wait for a pulpit to preach. Every step is a pulpit for God’s people. Don’t wait for a crowd to share; your next door neighbour is your crowd. Don’t wait to be sent by some one. Wherever you go expect and be excited to be used by God. Don’t be disappointed if nothing is happening. God is in control. Paul concluded that the Corinthians should not lose heart, because God would raise them up with Jesus. Here is a great principle. A proper focus on our glorious future with Christ will empower us to endure any kind of trouble.

So be prophetic 24*7  Don't miss PART 2 of this blog...




 God bless. I’d love to hear your experiences and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment